Zoom button allows you to enlarge or reduce the image size. You can change the image size using the mouse or zoom option from the menu.
For changing the image size with mouse, assign the mouse button to Zoom function . To zoom the image, do the following:
- choose which part of the image you want to zoom in/out,
- place the mouse cursor on the chosen part,
- click the selected mouse button and drag up or down,
- the chosen part will be zoomed in/out.
CAUTION! Be cautious and ensure that you are viewing the right place, if working with a zoomed image.
Zoom button menu has the following options:
Figure 15. Zoom button menu
When you click Fit to Screen option, the size of the image is automatically adjusted so that the image would fill the entire viewport. So, if the image is too large, it is zoomed out, and if it is too small, it is zoomed in.
Clicking Original Resolution option, the size of the image changes into original size.
Clicking Zoom Selection option activates the area selection workflow in the active viewport:
- press the mouse button, that is assigned to the Zoom tool, at the corner of the region, which you want to zoom.
- drag the mouse to the opposite corner of the region, which you want to view – the system automatically draws the bounding rectangular.
- release the mouse button when the rectangular bounds the region, which you want to be viewed in the viewport.
- the system fits the selected region to the viewport.
NOTE! Rotation, flip, and horizontal alignment is maintained when zooming the selected region.
NOTE! Access Zoom Selection and Fit to Screen options from quick menu, or by shortcuts for quickly zooming to the region of interest and going back to whole image.
Figure 16. Zoom selection
Zoom selection steps: a) select Zoom Selection in quick menu. b) press and drag mouse to select region in viewport. c) release the mouse button to zoom the selected region.