Link scrolled series button is intended for making comparison on image slice location. Linking may be applied to currently viewed series with more than one image in series. There are three types of this button: Disabled, Manual, and Automatic.
|Disabled mode indicates that scroll is not synchronized.
|In the Manual mode, the active series and all the other series having multiple images are linked for scrolling. System displays manual series link button in the top right corner of the viewport and switches scrolling on for all series by default.
|In the Automatic mode, the active CT or MR series and all the other series with identical modality, frame of reference UID, and image orientation (patient) values and having multiple images are linked for scrolling. The system displays automatic series link button in the top right corner of the viewport and switches scrolling on for all series by default.
By default, Viewer window opens with Link scrolled series mode set to Disabled, and you should change it manually:
- Click the icon once to enable the Manual mode.
- Click the icon twice to enable the Automatic mode.
You can change the default Link scrolled series mode to Automatic with in Link scrolled series button menu:
Figure 63. Link scrolled series button menu
Click the Auto synchronize related series menu option or use shortcut K to change the status. The highlighted icon on the left side of the menu indicates that default in Link scrolled series mode is changed to Automatic. The selection is saved in browser’s local storage and Automatic Link scrolled series mode will be set when starting the viewer next time.
Figure 64. Manual link mode in Viewer with the disabled linked scrolling for one of the series
When automatic or manual link is enabled, and one or more viewports contains series with link button, you can do the following:
- Scroll the images of the linked series simultaneously:
- In automatic mode, when scrolling images in the active series, the image in the linked series is selected according to the image position and slice thickness.
- In manual mode, when scrolling images in the active series, the images in the linked series are scrolled one by one.
- Enable or disable the synchronous scrolling for a particular series by tapping the manual or automatic link button in the viewport. The highlighted icon indicates that linking is enabled for the series.
- Open a new linked series in the viewer if opening series meets the link criteria. The link button is displayed in the viewport, either with default value, or previous state, if the previous series was linked and the viewport already had link button displayed.
CAUTION! Note that AlemHealth cannot guarantee that the manual series link displays the images of the same patient and at the corresponding position.