Annotations can be created, saved, and viewed.
CAUTION! Annotations functionality may be disabled. Contact the system administrator to verify the configuration if annotation functionality is missing.
To create and save annotation:
- Open the image that you want to annotate.
- Do the required manipulations, for example, change windowing, rotate, or other (see description of manipulation tools in section Tools for image manipulation and analysis).
- Add the measurements, text annotations (see description in section Tools for measuring, and annotation saving)
- Measuring images
- Save actual presentation state either with Save Annotation menu, or with Quick save KO, PR button, as described below:
- select Save Annotation in Measure menu - save presentation state window will appear:
Figure 135. Save presentation state window
Enter the required description, creator name, if desired, and click Save button.
- Click the Quick save KO, PR button at the bottom right side of the image. The current date and time are used as description of presentation state.
NOTE! Please note, that Quick save KO, PR button initiates double action: saves the presentation state and saves key objects.
NOTE! To prevent repeated clicks, the system deactivates the Quick save KO, PR button and displays the notification about ongoing saving process on top of the button . Saving success notification is displayed on successful saving process completion. The number in parentheses is the serial number of the image in the series.
- System saves annotation with the following information:
- - the date and time of annotation saving.
- - the annotation description, creator name, if entered.
- - any drawn measurements.
- - written text.
NOTE! Annotation saving is implemented according to DICOM standard. The function is available only if the used study storage provides DICOM saving functionality.
NOTE! Several annotations may be saved for the same image. Each annotation is saved as separate series of PR modality.
CAUTION! Be cautious and verify the content before saving annotation. All the measurements and text annotation, including the zoomed outside of the currently viewed area, are saved, and shared with other users viewing the study.
Once the annotation has been saved, the annotation icon (pencil) will appear on image thumbnail:
Figure 136. Annotation icon on image thumbnail
NOTE! You should change the default Auto open saved annotation setting if you want the system to open the last saved annotation for the image automatically.
By default settings the annotation for the image should be opened manually. To view saved annotation:
- drag and drop the annotated image (the one that has the annotation icon) to the viewport or use quick access controls (see section “Viewport toolbar”). - the active annotation button is displayed on the image in quick access controls group:
Figure 137. Annotation button on image
- move your mouse cursor to the Annotation button and click it. If there are several annotations, you can choose which one to review from the list. Hold the cursor over the menu item to see the tooltip with annotation description, creator name and saving date and time:
Figure 138. List of annotations and annotation description
NOTE! QS_PRESENTATION indicates annotations saved using the Quick Save KO, PR button. PRESENTATION indicates annotations saved using the Save Annotation menu.
- click on the annotation you have chosen to view, and the saved annotation will appear on the screen with an information that has been saved previously:
Figure 139. View annotation.
NOTE! Saved Annotations can only be viewed.
NOTE! If the annotation is opened, the title of the viewed annotation, and the annotation icon (pencil) is highlighted. Select option None to return to the image.