This module allows you to view DICOM ECG wave data.
Figure 229. ECG viewer window
The section describes ECG measurements and ECG viewport toolbar. See the description of the main Viewer window toolbar for other tools.
ECG Viewer window has different Measure menu:
Figure 230. ECG measure tools
The Measurement button is used to measure the duration (first number, 0.75 s in the example) and amplitude (second number, in this case 1.18 mV) of the selected ECG segment, and to calculate the heart rate per minute (third number in the example, 80 bpm). To measure the values:
- select Measurement tool,
- hover the mouse cursor on the point where you want to start the measuring,
- press the selected mouse button and drag the cursor to desired position,
- release the mouse button when the cursor is on the point where you want to end measuring.
Figure 231. Using Measurement (mV, s) tool
The QT points tool (duration of the electrical systole) is used to measure the QT intervals (RR, QT, QTc) of a selected ECG fragment. To measure the intervals:
- select QT points tool,
- hover the mouse cursor over the start-point of the Q wave and click the selected mouse button,
- hover the mouse cursor over the endpoint of the T wave and click the selected mouse button,
- hover the mouse cursor over the start-point of the next Q wave and click the selected mouse button.
Figure 232. Using QT points tool
The button HR is designated to measure heart rate and visually estimate its irregularity. To measure:
- select HR measurement tool.
- hover the mouse cursor over the peak of the R wave and click the selected mouse button,
- hover the mouse cursor over the peak of next R wave and click the selected mouse button,
- now you can compare given intervals with other R waves.
Figure 233. Using HR measurement tool
The QRS Axis is used to measure cardiac interventricular partition and ventricular depolarization spreading. Measurement is performed on one or more complete segments of lead I and aVF lead. To measure:
- select QRS axis measurement tool,
- hover the mouse cursor over the isoelectric line before P wave and click the selected mouse button,
- hover the mouse cursor over the isoelectric line after T wave and click the selected mouse button.
Figure 234. Using QRS Axis tool
The Delete All menu is used to remove all measurements.
Description of ECG viewport toolbar’s tools:
Figure 235. ECG viewport toolbar
Filter function is used for the following:
to trim the edges of unnecessary points (points to the first spike that has no importance).
to trim high and low frequency signals applying low–pass and high–pass frequency filters under the “Filter Low Frequency “(003A,0220) and “Filter High Frequency “(003A,0221) tags.
to eliminate baseline wandering interference.
filters out specified frequency signals adjusting band-stop filter by Notch Filter Frequency (003A, 0222) tag.
Change horizontal scale (mm per second).
Change vertical scale (mm per mV).
ECG view scrollbar.